5 Effective Ways to Reverse Cavities
Dental cavity treatment:
Dental cavity treatment: PakTimes created a list of simple and natural tricks that you can do on your own to prevent tooth decay and reverse cavities.
Change your eating habits and switching to a healthy diet always helps boost your health, no matter what your goal is.
Clean and change your toothbrush:
- Always pick a small or a medium-sized brush, and make sure that its bristles can reach into the crevices of your molars where food remains can hide after you eat.
- Don’t use covers for your toothbrush because they may harbor microorganisms and bacteria. Instead, just rinse your brush with water after each use, and leave it to air dry. And don’t leave your brush in the same room as your toilet since fecal bacteria can end up on it.
- Change your tooth brush after three month because its bristles deteriorate with time and usage. As a result, you don’t clean your teeth as well as with a new toothbrush.
Follow a basic dental care routine:
If you want to protect your teeth from early decay, include the following steps in your dental care routine in the morning and before going to bed.
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes at least twice a day. Try to brush all the surfaces of your teeth, reaching out to the farthest corners.
- Floss your teeth. Sometimes even brushing doesn’t work as well as flossing. Use floss to pull out any remaining food from underneath your gums, and try to get to the germs that are stuck there.
- Use mouthwash. Any mouthwash has an antibacterial effect and helps you get rid of any remaining bacteria in your mouth. Don’t rinse your mouth with water the effect will last longer.
Visit your dentist:
A dentist will clean near the gum line on the back and front of your teeth to remove any plaque and tartar. Regular cleaning is a very important step in the fight against cavities. Many people say that they enjoy cleanings and the lovely smooth feel of their teeth afterward. Make sure that you book an appointment at least once or twice a year.
Add supplements and vitamins to your diet:
We should eliminating sweets and candies from our diet, but there’s one more thing you can do to help your saliva fight dental plaque. Vitamins are essential for establishing the good health of your teeth.
- To promote salivation, you need to consume a lot of foods rich in fiber such as fruits, nuts, and vegetables. The best ones are apples, bananas, Brussels sprouts, and peas.
- Eat whole grain foods. They contain a lot of vitamin B and iron. In addition, whole grains contain magnesium, a mineral that helps absorb calcium and strengthen your teeth.
- Eat seafood more often if you want to get more vitamin D from your meals. Salmon, herrings, canned tuna, and sardines are a great source of vitamin D.
Make your own remineralizing toothpaste:
This simple toothpaste recipe requires only a few natural ingredients that you can buy in every store. Since you make it yourself, you can be sure that all the components are natural and won’t harm your health. You’ll need the following ingredients to make the toothpaste:
- 4 tbsp calcium powder
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
Mix all the ingredients until you get a paste. It should be even with no crumbs. Use it as a substitute for you regular toothpaste.
Remember: Don’t use this toothpaste for more than 30 days in a row due to its abrasive structure and absence of fluoride.