Special Coconut Milky Sauce Fish
Fish Cooked in Coconut Milk Sauce:
- 4 (6-ounce) Orange roughy fillets (or other mild white Fish such as cod)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon pepper
How to make:
- In a skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter and cook orange roughy fillet, chopped onion, bay leaf, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Saute over medium-low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, turn and cook another minute.
- Add oil and poach for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when probed with a fork.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice. Remove from heat. Place onto a warmed serving plate if desired.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in another skillet over medium heat and cook until browned.
- Add cornstarch and stir well. Gradually stir in coconut milk and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, or until thickened. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Pour over the cooked fish.
Note: If you like this article so, please share it with your friends and relatives.